Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Chez Nous


David has been home for a week now. Originally he was dreaming about steak for his first meal but when he finally got out he wanted me to make him my Mom's specialtly. Mac and cheese.





We went to see Avengers 2 and got Chipotle to go and the next day he made shepherds pie and the day after that he was craving shakshuka so I don't know how but chemo killed the cells that make him French.

We have stayed in our neighborhood mostly, except to go get his hair did and buy two hats.










It's nice to have him home. We are crossing our fingers and our toes that he has the full 15 days off before he starts the second round of chemo, but every extra day is special. And every day that goes by and they don't call is great. As much as we want this all over with, I think after more than a month we really need a break. It's so nice to go home after work instead of heading to the hospital. And it's great to enjoy the sun and the nice spring weather together.






xoxoox

10 comments:

  1. Excellent. Love the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Love the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news indeed. I actually woke up in the middle of the night tonight (in Bangkok lol) thinking about you guys and hoping things were going well, so it was a pleasant surprise to see a blog post in my feed this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, sorry I missed your last post somehow. My heart goes out to you both, wishing you all the best x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwan you are brave. If you can live France and still keep your sense of humor so can I. Xoxo

      Delete
    2. Gwan you are brave. If you can live France and still keep your sense of humor so can I. Xoxo

      Delete